Thursday, July 21, 2011

New and Improved Thread Pool

I took the liberty this weekend to improve my thread pool before I move onto the next parallel compiler optimization strategy. (Multi-Method and Multi-Phase) Due to time constraints this will most likely be my last major revision to the thread pool before the summer ends. However, do not be surprised if you still see me working on this project after the summer ends since I have a hard time letting projects go unfinished or unpolished.


Here is the inheritance hierarchy of my thread pool

Thread Pool URL Easier to read http://pastebin.com/EfqSuDqF

SystemThread                           OptExecutor                          OptQueue
|||                                                     |||                                               |||
OptCompilerThread <-->OptCompilerThreadPool<-->  OptCompilerBlocking







My Next Blog Post will showcase this ThreadPools New speedups with the existing multithreaded Optimizations

No comments:

Post a Comment